On Apr 3, 2011, at 7:13 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as I'm a little lost on Pharo 1.2 (1.2.1 full was announced but I haven't
> seen 1.2.0, no big party, no 1 million download contest, BBC announcement...
> :) I wonder how we can improve the process for 1.3.

Yes, that is why I did not want to decouple the release of Core from Full.
Because is drags out the release so far that we can not announce it

But we could not, as people (inkluding those maintaining packages of Full) only
look at released core images...
And so I did a Core 1.2. And people looked at it. Finally. So I did a 1.2.1,
and only after releasing that, people looked at it, so I even started
a 1.2.2 today.. and now I am dead.

> I'm thinking about:
> - not starting Pharo 1.4 too soon as I feel it will steal energy from Pharo
> 1.3.
> - freezing early to have shorter release and have less stuff to fix with
> maximum energy (it seems energy go down quickly in the fixing period)
> - a failing test should be highest priority: it's easier to fix a broken
> feature/test as soon as it appears
> - one guy should drive the release (I feel that Mariano did this for Pharo
> 1.1 and we know who we should talk to).

- Get rid of the Core/Full image destinction. This does not work. And I will
not do a release with having two images again... it never worked, and it will
never work.

        Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.