From: pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr
[pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr] on behalf of Eliot Miranda
[eliot.mira...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 2:24 PM
To: Pharo-project@lists.gforge.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] Cog+linux: external module not found

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K
<bsch...@anest.ufl.edu<mailto:bsch...@anest.ufl.edu>> wrote:
I think you have the situation very much in reverse.  You are flying off the
handle, not me.

No, Bill.  I'm not interested in a public (or private) argument.  But I am not
flying off the handle.  Your opening messages in this thread display a sense of
entitlement, i..e that you expect me to debug and/or get Cog working underneath
Pharo on the particular linux distro that you're using, You also display an
ignorance of the community in stating "Is that really the message we want to
send to current and *prospective* users?" when I'm only peripherally involved
with Pharo; I wrote Cog, and work principally in Newspeak and Squeak.  You then
accuse me of flying off the handle, when it was you who used *'s and !!'s, not
me.  Either calm down or I'll have to put you in my kill file.  When you start
providing feedback like Levente, Mariano, Andreas et al, and stop demanding
support I'll be interested in your collaboration, but right now our exchanges
don't feel mutually beneficial.  I'll not be responding to you further in this
thread.

Cog deserves better than to ignore feedback from motivated users.  Motivated
users deserve better than to be insulted for their efforts to improve it.

From:
pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr<mailto:pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr>

[pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr<mailto:pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr>]
 on behalf of Eliot Miranda