Over the past three years, I have learnt that the one biggest skill all of
us have to develop is to see and gain from the positive side of everything
and everyone.

The quick poring through this chain, makes me feel there is lot we can gain
from the most blunt critics, unjust as it might feel. The most important is
to be able to make even a fiercest critic welcome to the community.

At the core, the whole point that is being vociferously pushed for is the
need to be "business" oriented, which I am sure Guido too appreciates is
not a small step and that no two people necessarily agree on a perfectly
aligned path to reach there.

Like Steve led Apple to its heights, we should wish Guido to lead his
endeavor to success, even if it has to be any other technology stack and
keep contributing more concrete facts for Pharo to take the lead from.

To agree to disagree, but push forward to get Pharo over to its ultimate
goal is eventually in the hands of the Pharo Community and each has his own
role to play ranging from the eternal optimist and the ones not so...

Understanding the facts is also important beyond technical content of a
programming platform for enterprise:

  * Enterprise activity will gravitate to cost centers.. be it
manufacturing or IT
  * No Phd's will be employed to do programming task in any such center
beyond probably a top 1-3% of the tech staff, but they do from their places
contribute a good deal..
 * Enterprise software usage is not dictated as much by performance and
minutae but by perception at large, availability of skilled resource in
large easy to hire numbers (Java in Stanford  is great news for
corporates..!)
 * Enterprise will throw hardware, lower cost dev to compensate for
anything that makes it more flexible and manageable and eventually
guarantees in some manner a longer term returns on investment
 * Enterprise managers want to bank on a face/ entity they can lay the
blame on for issues, without being questioned why they chose X over Y. Also
get resolution for critical issues within some timeframe.. even upto a year
at times from MS, Sun , Oracle or IBM.. Following the herd, howsoever right
or wrong it is helps in that direction

Lots to say.. but the brief note is this is a huge endeavor and what is
correct and right cannot be prescribed by one person in entirety. We all do
the best and contribute directly into the framework viz: If Guido can get a
version of Pharo fast and enterprise ready.. great all the better.. He can
contribute his code/ works which without bias passes muster.. great. We all
win.

No cathedral has been built in a year.. but appreciate the fact that we are
on a path well forked. Hands are always needed...!