On 14 February 2012 19:36, Guido Stepken <gstep...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2012/2/14 Igor Stasenko <siguc...@gmail.com>
>>

>> Now seriously, do you really think that people here are not considered
>> all of things you listed,
>> and not trying to improve things in those directions?
>

> Don't see benchmarks anywhere on Pharo Homepage, even the 1.3 Image was not
> up to date for long time. Nobody really cared.
>
> Stef as project leader missed to set up "daily todo list", list of dutys for
> the developers, payed or unpayed, doesn't play any role!
>
> Choosing the *right* development process decides over the quality an speed
> of a product, free or unfree.
>

>> Also, do you have any idea how many man-hours it may require to
>> implement all items in your list?
>

> Yes, 4-5 manyears? So, why reinventing the wheel, like with COGVM? LLVM ist
> much better supported by big, big, commercial companies.
>

>> And even if you can estimate it, do you have any idea where to find
>> such massive amount of human resource for such activities?
>

> I wish, you would lean the profession of fundraising for Pharo. Set up an
> auction homepage, file out code to be refactored, or to be programmed, with
> call for bids, name the price, collect money. And you will see, there are
> thousands of Smalltalkers outside being a still reserve ... solving Pharo
> problems for a few bucks, mostly located in Asia, Russia, India.
>
> In India a Smalltalk developer is about 600$/Month. Fully qualified.
>

>> And most of
>> all, are those people will work for free, based on their enthusiasm,
>> or well paid?
>

> See above, wrong development process.
>

>> Because if you pay to people, then you having full right to demand
>> things to be done right and
>> in right term. But if you don't, then just please shut up and stop
>> bashing people who doing everything
>> for free, so you can use it paying NOTHING.
>

> I am not bashing. You all don't understand how to set up successful
> projects.

Reading your comments, i now have only single question left:
if you know things so well, why you just don't organize own project,
set things up as you know right,
make auctions/hire indians/martians/whatever is best for you to meet
the objectives you have in mind?
Why relying on stupid people who don't want to listen and seemingly
don't understand what/how things should run, when you can do it by
yourself?
Like the idea? Now get lost and start making it real.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.