Guido Stepken wrote

> Much advanced code. Yes. But - what for? Any *important* app outside
> there?
> Dr.Geo ... any parametric CAD can do this! CMSBOX - pfffft! How many
> customers?
>
> Pharo - still unstable, unusable, no sponsors.
>
> Jitter? Hmmm...  e.g. LUAJit *has* sponsors, *very* mighty sponsors, WoW,
> Wikipedia ... and it *ins* rock stable, portable to 32bit, 64bit Intel,
> PPC
> *and* ARM!!!
>
> One man show, b.t.w.!! Like Elliot Miranda with COGVM!
>
> Develop the development process!
>
> tnx for seeing reality,
>
> Guido Stepken

I guess I need now to thank you too for your flowers...

It is not up to me whether our CMSBOX is an important project in a general
context. But to answer your question: almost 500 customers in Switzerland
are using this Pharo-based application until now and for them, this
application and the underlying very stable technology with ongoing
development IS important. Besides, we at netstyle.ch created several
business critical web-based applications, from automatic inventory
management to a large CRM for a Swiss insurance broker. Although you
probably never heard of these applications I guess we are nevertheless an
important component of the Pharo eco system and we use it because we believe
it to be the right way of the ongoing development.

Although there is always room for improvement, the migration to Pharo was
and is an important step within our company strategy. On this basis, we
built a company from scratch with more than 10 employees whereof five
software engineers are doing nothing else than working with the Pharo IDE.
It is due to the ongoing development of a small community that our personal
"success" became possible. Could not be more thankful for that! Keep the
work going!

To now improve whatever needs to improved in your opinion, one should not
issue orders to or offend the community but to collaborate constructively on
suggestions. Honestly, this was not our strength within the past months too,
but we are willing to support this lively community as much as we can in the
future although we are not Wikipedia or similar. I am convinced that a
constructive and appreciative  collaboration is the only way to improve
Pharo so please consider my words when writing your next message.

Cheers,

Chris Wysseier
Founder and CEO of netstyle.ch and cmsbox

P.S: Also wanted to say hi to everybody as I am new on the list. Be aware
that I am not an *experienced* software engineer (let's say "anymore" ;) )
and therefore will not be able to discuss on technical strategies or tasks.
But I would like to know what is going on and to show support and presence
to all of you.