Am 2012-04-03 um 13:03 schrieb Stefan Marr:

> On 03 Apr 2012, at 12:40, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
>> Yes, but this is different. It is now just slow, it is slow enough to get a
>> timeout exception for the most basic stuff. In other words, you cannot work.
>
> Perhaps it is worthwhile to adapt another workflow?
>
> My personal projects reside all in /home/smarr/.monticello and I use that as
> my main repo.
>
> I commit to that one, and only if I really want to do a 'push' like with git,
> I copy stuff to public repos.
>
> Works very smooth, even on the road.

If only the tools supported that better ;)
The first thing I do with a new image is making
a sym-link for the package-cache to my local
all-images-share-this package-cache.
  From there on, the workflow is not unlike a
hg or git one, with the notable exception that
I have to copy (read: push) all local versions
manually to my remote repo.

Best
        -Tobias