Yes this is an interesting comparison, in particular if you add size
and weight to the comparison.

Thank you Marcus, for the idea of doing the comparison putting the
figures together.

And yes, 1000 times more RAM should make it possible to come up with a
more easy to understand design for the object memory and VM.

--Hannes

On 5/10/12, Marcus Denker <marcus.den...@inria.fr> wrote:

> On May 10, 2012, at 1:34 PM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>
>> On 5/10/12, Pavel Krivanek <pavel.kriva...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> one my friend got Raspberry Pi yesterday so I have seen it in action.
>>> I had almost no time for experiments but I have seen Fedora 17 on it
>>> with standard Squeak (3.10) packages for this distro on FullHD
>>> display. On that VM (3.10.5) I got about 40M bytecodes/sec and 1M
>>> sends/sec. The environment is not extra fast but usable without