On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you would ask me (yeah nobody asking me, by i will tell anyways ;) )
> how the indication of a progress of some process should look like,
> here's my potential answer:
<snip>
> - no stupid nesting.. i don't care what happens inside of something
> else happens..
> if it is really necessary, i would just replace the title of a task
> with it's subtask title while it performing.
> this is just about first rule: it has to be a single line, not a bunch
> of lines stocking one over another..
> i think this is abuse.
>
> most of the times, i just need a notion of progress of a whole thing,
> not progress of it's subthings

I have cases where I have multiple background processes going on that
occassionally wake up, and in that case, I really, really appreciate
the stacking progress bars - I can tell that one (or more) background
processes have kicked off.  This isn't quite 'nesting', although I
think it uses some of the same features.

As long as some result out of this discussion doesn't remove that
capability, I agree with what you are saying.

-Chris