Chris Cunningham wrote

> I have cases where I have multiple background processes going on that
> occassionally wake up, and in that case, I really, really appreciate
> the stacking progress bars - I can tell that one (or more) background
> processes have kicked off.  This isn't quite 'nesting', although I
> think it uses some of the same features.
>
> As long as some result out of this discussion doesn't remove that
> capability, I agree with what you are saying.

+1.

If the progress tracks something that happens in the background with no
direct impact to the workflow (such as uploading/downloading something), I'm
ok to have a separate out-of-bounds bar.

If the progress is modal, it is... I need to wait until it finishes, I think
it should be as it is now.

Regards,

Esteban.