On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
marianop...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Cameron Sanders <camsand...@aol.com>wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Cameron Sanders <
>> csand...@debrispublishing.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I keep having problems with configurations. The documentation for each
>>> particular tool looks so simple, and seems to work all by itself, but for
>>> some reason, I keep failing at having one 1.4 (or 1.3) image where
>>> everything works (e.g. Glorp AND seaside AND DBXTalk); though I do have 3
>>> different images where 2-out of three work, so by revolving my dev process
>>> through the images,

what is *exactly* what does not work?  otherwise we cannot guess.

>>  I can make headway... but there must be a better way. Especially given
>>> that those images contain different versions of the tools and core image.
>>>

> I don't use Seaside. Why don't you provide the whole gofer script you use
> to install those 3 tools so that someone can reproduce it?
>

>> Is there someone who has all three tools (Glorp, DBXTalk & Magritte, and
>>> Seaside) coexisting and playing well together in a 1.4 (or 1.3) image?
>>> Could you please drop me an email?
>>>

> I attach the Pharo development mailing list.
>

>>  I also want to use Fuel for some things.
>>>
>>> How much money would I need to donate to Pharo per year, so that the
>>> recipients would make available an image meeting my (see above) specs with
>>> the recommended patterns working? With updates available every 3 months,
>>> for example.
>>>

>> [if i pay for something, deducting the money from my taxable income is no
>> problem.]
>>

>>> I am sure there are a few common configurations that people would like.
>>> Part of the problem of course is the explosion of tools! Nice work
>>> everybody!!
>>> -
>>>
>>> Who would be the DBXTalk expert?
>>>

> Me, Guillermo Polito, Esteban Lorenzano and many others.
>

>> For some reason I am unable to post on the nabble forum -- oddly, a
>>> private thread of emails I shared with Pamela ended up there, but I cannot
>>> seem to post directly. I keep trying to join, but nabble never lets me in.
>>> [I must be making another stupid mistake...]
>>>

> We didn't receive any email from you. Yuo should register in this google
> group: http://groups.google.com/group/dbxtalk/?pli=1

Actually, nabble forum is kind of read only. If you post in there, the
messages are not forwarded to the mailing list. Here are other links of
interesting resources:

http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/Support/?_s=sl3ptC0z84u54Hyk&_k=y49B2OsTLCs73vFK&_n&6