Yanni,

Thanks!

> http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.**ch/view/Seaside%203.0/<http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/view/Seaside%203.0/>
>
> On that site is a Pier3/Margritte3/Seaside-3.1 build as well.

Oh, maybe I will try that as a starting point. Thanks!

> However, AFAICT, all the builds are based on Pharo-1.3, which may be an
> issue for you.

I want to use Seaside, Magritte, Fuel (as a back-up storage facility,
though primary right now), and Glorp via DBXTalk for relational DB I/O.
That's my goal.

Perhaps you are right and I am too early at adopting DBXTalk. It looks like
it should simplify some of the DB storage.

> I build my image from Pharo-1.4, adding Seaside-3.0, Magritte2, Pier2.

I do not need Pier per se. Rather, I simply had no images where the basic
Magritte tutorials worked. None of them worked properly right out of the
box. But you are saying that Magritte2 in Pharo-1.4, with Seaside 3.0 works
together... ... ... so I will try it again.

Do you need 1.4, and why? -- if you do not mind sharing.
-

Let me say: because these configuration problems can be such a pain,
especially when one is not aware of the nuances of various packages one
might want to adopt, I only recently abandoned my Pharo-1.2 one-click
derived image when I had troubles connecting to a DB. I figured it was time
to do a complete upgrade. But it has turned into a nightmare, and my
project has hit a standstill,

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFuel) project version: '1.8')
>> load.
>>

> I use version 1.7, but because I don't want the other packages in the
> image, I only load:
>
> FuelTests-MartinDias.157.mcz
> Fuel-MartinDias.479.mcz

Thank you!

> I've not tried the 1.8 version yet. If you're having trouble with Fuel,
> you might want to load and run the tests.

In 1.4 Fuel worked "out of the box", but in the Pier based image, it did
not.

> > Thanks for any insight you can offer in advance.
>
> Whenever I add a new framework, I start from my base image which has all
> the frameworks that I currently use. Then I load and run the tests for the
> new framework I want to use. If there are problems....

Pending your answers to my query about why you chose 1.4 over 1.3, I will
start fresh again.

Cheers & Thanks,
Cam