Hi all,

I'm happy to announce a prototype release of an alternative system browser for Pharo 2.0, at the following place :

http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Alt-Browser

Beware, it's a preview; but it let you experiment with the following features :

* Reorganize / built a hierarchy of all packages, categories, classes and traits of the system.
* Drag and drop to reorganize : work partially.
* Tracks changes in other browsers (not all).
* Has context sensitive / selection sensitive menus
* Has an extensible command system : Other packages may add any level of menu (and keyboard shortcuts once I've managed to understand that part), to bring, say, all Nautilus/ OmniBrowser commands.
* Has a minimalistic GUI.
* Keyboard oriented navigation
* Spec-based !

Add the repository in Monticello : http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Alt-Browser.
Open and load Alt-Browser-ThierryGoubier.18.mcz and Alt-Monticello-Commands-ThierryGoubier.1.mcz

Enjoy! I'll try to make it my work system browser, so it should get at least a minimum of support for coding and refactoring commands.

Thierry
--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list