On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
> Thanks for trying and for giving feedback, Pavel.
>
> A live, connected socket cannot survive an image save, I think.
> Sven

I could have sworn there was code in the guts of the save/start code
that could tell if the image was resuming from a cold start, or from a
'save but don't quite' start.  If this still exists, then you could
just leave the connection open during save, and if just doing a save,
let it stay open (thus surviving the save), but from a cold start
close/remove the socket, since it is definitely no longer around.

Sorry for the vagueness.

-Chris