Il giorno 23-ott-2012, alle ore 14:14, "Mariano Martinez Peck"
<marianop...@gmail.com<mailto:marianop...@gmail.com>> ha scritto:

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM,
roberto.mine...@usi.ch<mailto:roberto.mine...@usi.ch>
<roberto.mine...@usi.ch<mailto:roberto.mine...@usi.ch>> wrote:
Thank you for the answer.
Actually I put Pharo in standby for a while (deadlines are coming!)

The last thing I tried to do, was a query on a relatively big database (~10m
entries) and every time I issued the query, Pharo quitted unexpectedly.

mmmm I am not sure anyone did a 10m entries before. Maybe the issue can be
related to the memory allocated by FFI, no idea.
In either case, if you have time later, we would love to have more information.

I'll provide more info next week ;)

As soon as I resume my tests with Pharo, Postgres, OpenDBX, and Glorp I'll for
sure get back to you! By now thanks for your answer. Anyway, did someone manage
to install OpenDBX on a Mac running Mountain Lion (and Pharo 2.0)? As far as I
rememer I had problems in compiling and installing OpenDBX native driver.
However, I'll post more detailed question as soon as I resume my tests :)

Indeed, compiling and building is the worst task. But once that is done, the
rest is easy. I don't remember if there is anyone using DBX with Montain Lion.
However, we did manage to build openDBX in 64 bits (you have to use some flags
to be sure to compile in 32 bits). And then you need to be sure of installing
the 32 bits client library of the database. Not sure what happens with LLVM
instead of GCC (never tried) but I guess it should work. Otherwise, try to
force to compile with GCC.

Anyway, how were you able to query the database if you had problems with the
compilation of openDBX?

Using the native Postgres drivers installed on Pharo 1.4.

Thanks

Cheers,
Roberto

Il giorno 22-ott-2012, alle ore 22:42, "Mariano Martinez Peck"
<marianop...@gmail.com<mailto:marianop...@gmail.com><mailto:marianop...@gmail.com<mailto:marianop...@gmail.com>>>
 ha scritto:

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM,
roberto.mine...@usi.ch<mailto:roberto.mine...@usi.ch><mailto:roberto.mine...@usi.ch<mailto:roberto.mine...@usi.ch>>

<roberto.mine...@usi.ch<mailto:roberto.mine...@usi.ch><mailto:roberto.mine...@usi.ch<mailto:roberto.mine...@usi.ch>>>
 wrote:
I managed to have Pharo 1.4 with a working version of PostgresV2 native driver.
I'll try with a fresh image and dbxtalk and let you guys know.

You can see our set of tools here: http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/tools

Il giorno 19-ott-2012, alle ore 18:05, "Yanni Chiu"
<ya...@rogers.com<mailto:ya...@rogers.com><mailto:ya...@rogers.com<mailto:ya...@rogers.com>>>
 ha scritto:

> On 19/10/12 4:05 AM,
> roberto.mine...@usi.ch<mailto:roberto.mine...@usi.ch><mailto:roberto.mine...@usi.ch<mailto:roberto.mine...@usi.ch>>
>  wrote:
>>
>> I already received some answers, but further hints are appreciated.
>
> Just download a Pharo-1.4 one-click, and proceed to install and setup up
> dbxtalk (see: http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/). The dbxtalk stuff has the
> option to use the native PostgreSQL driver.
>
> IMHO, further up front investigation is going to be of limited value.

I already tried, tried and tried. I just wrote in the mailing list after severa
trials. However next time I'll write when I encounter specific problems ;)

> Just dive in, and ask specific questions as you work through it (e.g. where
> do I find ...? Is ... supposed to be working, because I did ..., and it
> didn't work).

Thank you,

Roberto

--