Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
> Hi Mariano,
>
> On 02 Dec 2012, at 23:43, Mariano Martinez Peck <

> marianopeck@

> > wrote:
>
>> This is really really interesting, because it means a speed up of 2x when
>> reading :)
>> Where can I get the last version of ZnBufferedReadStream?
>
> I knew you would be interested: it is in the latest Zn, either
> http://mc.stfx.eu or squeaksource (not in the metacello yet).
> It should work on binary streams too, I don't know whether it would make a
> lot of difference, I would guess so.
> Maybe Fuel uses lots of 'deterministic reading' (size prefixed) instead of
> parsing.
>
> Sven
>
> --
> Sven Van Caekenberghe
> http://stfx.eu
> Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Did you (or anybody else for that matter) tried to use persistent arrays as
base for in memory streeams? They are basically shallow tree that provides
array like access. Their claim to fame is that one can avoid copy operation
when array gets resized. So it _might_ be usable when one handles large
write streams and does not know in advance how large they will get.

-----
http://www.cloud208.com/