Hi:

On 24 Jan 2013, at 20:29, Ciprian Teodorov wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> I've just tried libgit2 mapping generation on my machine, at it seems to work
> without any problems... (well besides the hack on the ChangesBrowser)...
> Now the thing is that I have the latest packages of TalkFFI, and LibClang. So
> I recommend that you retry after updating the packages from the repository...

Aaaah... Well, I update one of the things yesterday manually, and was not aware
that there is a second repository. My TalkFFI packages were outdated.

Well, and I needed to work the ordering issue, so I added

CLForeignLibInterfaceGenerator>>#implement
  mappingModel model changes execute.

Now the generation indeed succeeds :)

However, trying to do something simple fails with a NBCog VM crash.
I am not entirely sure whether I am doing it correct, and whether this is all
GC save etc...

So here we go with two examples:

"try to get the repo head and its name"
| repo repoPath cb branches headHandle |
repo     := NBExternalHandle new.
repoPath := NBExternalAddress fromString: '/Users/smarr/tmp/filetree'.

LG2RepositoryH uniqueInstance repository_open: repo path: repoPath.

headHandle := NBExternalHandle new.
LG2RepositoryH uniqueInstance repository_head: headHandle repo: repo.

^ LG2RefsH uniqueInstance reference_name: headHandle.

The second one is a bit more complex, it has to use a callback:

"try to read all the names of branches"
| repo repoPath cb branches |
LibGit2Map initialize.
repo     := NBExternalHandle new.
repoPath := NBExternalAddress fromString: '/Users/smarr/tmp/filetree'.

LG2RepositoryH uniqueInstance repository_open: repo path: repoPath.

branches := OrderedCollection new.

cb := LG2BranchHCb161 on: [:name :type :payload | branches add: name ].
LG2BranchH uniqueInstance branch_foreach: repo list_flags: 1 branch_cb: cb
payload: NBExternalAddress null.

^ { repo. branches }

So, now I am down to the question of how to use TalkFFI and NativeBoostFFI.

Any idea what that could be? And how to diagnose these things?

Thanks a lot
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr