On 27 Feb 2013, at 09:31, Marcus Denker <marcus.den...@inria.fr> wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2013, at 8:53 AM, Marcus Denker <marcus.den...@inria.fr> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 27, 2013, at 12:57 AM, Camillo Bruni <camillobr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> we still get very undeterministic results from our build server.
>>> I relaunched the Pharo-2.0-Tests several times with the exact same VM &
>>> Image configuration.
>>>
>>> BUT, the outcome of the test results varies each time a little bit |(
>>>
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Pharo-2.0-Tests/176/testReport/ (windows
>>> crashed)
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Pharo-2.0-Tests/177/testReport/ (windows
>>> crashed, KernelTests.Chronology.DateTest.testDateAndTimeNow failing...)
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Pharo-2.0-Tests/178/testReport/
>>> (KernelTests.Chronology.DateTest.testDateAndTimeNow on all)
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Pharo-2.0-Tests/179/testReport/ (!BOOM!)
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Pharo-2.0-Tests/180/testReport/ ... ditto ...
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Pharo-2.0-Tests/181/testReport/ (!BOOM! plus
>>> windows crash)
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Pharo-2.0-Tests/182/testReport/ (!BOOM! plus
>>> windows AND linux crash)
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Pharo-2.0-Tests/183/testReport/ (lots of
>>> failures all systems running, no chronology tests failing)
>>>

>>> so we still have to investigate this instability...
>>
>> It is strange. Form the image side:
>
> Even stranger
>
>       https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Pharo-2.0-Tests/
>
> My theory: strange clock related issues due to virtualisation?

To rule out clock problems, you should check the SNTP client that I announced -
this was exactly why I wrote it. The ZTimestamp unit tests will only pass if
the clock difference is not greater than 2 seconds.

If the clock is wrong on the machine, on Linux you can do

        sudo ntpdate pool.ntp.org

to manually force a date/time sync.