Hi

I discovered this protocol in String hierarchy. Are you familiar with it?

The method comment of #fromPacked: is:
"Convert from a longinteger to a String of length 4."

The only sender in Pharo 2.0 is MethodFinder. For WideString, it does not work.

In examples:

ByteString fromPacked: 'text' asPacked. ---> 'text'
ByteString fromPacked: 'martin' asPacked. ---> 'rtin'
WideString fromPacked: ('text' asWideString asPacked). ---> error

WideString>>asPacked can be easily fixed adding an explicit return to
the calculation (it's now implicitly returning self).

But... it only encodes one letter:

WideString fromPacked: 'martin' asWideString asPacked ---> 'n'

I checked that in Squeak 4.3 there are not senders too.

So... Should we fix the WideString implementation, or directly remove
this protocol?

Martin