On Mar 3, 2013, at 9:08 PM, "Torsten Bergmann" <asta...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Stef wrote:
>> Pastell is now migrated to SmalltalkHub and has a nice CI job
>
> Please note that previously ConfigurationOfPastell
> had the versions: 1.0, 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4 and now

where?

> has the versions: 1.0, 1.1., 1.2, 1.3
>
> That broke other configurations that depend for instance on 1.0.4

this is strange because when I queried the repository I only got

Name: ConfigurationOfPastell-AlexandreBergel.2
Author: AlexandreBergel
Time: 12 September 2012, 11:43:37.215 am
UUID: ddd4217f-9fd0-234c-9669-e02e8634e984
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfPastell-AlexandreBergel.1

1.0 : First shoot!
no tbn.4 and not 5

Now when I look at it with the MC browser I see more.
So I redid everything for nothing. Fucking crappy system.

and the version was only

baseline10: spec
        <version: '1.0-baseline'>

        spec for: #'common' do: [
                spec blessing: #'baseline'.
                spec repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Pastell'.
                spec package: 'Pastell'.
                spec group: 'default' with: #('Pastell' ). ].

so just an illusion. no dependency at all on XMLParser. Then the packages
pastell-base was wrong since the tests could not work.

> and it adds a lot of confusion!

Nice to tell me that I spent my sunday on doing bullshit. :)
Squeaksource is the confusion and if nobody moves then nothing will ever
change.

Have a look at the repo on smalltalkhub and you will see that apparently the
two last files were not given to me
when I used my ****automatic***** migration script…. scary!

Now if squeaksource does not serve all the files. We should really run away!

> Why didnt you just continue with 1.0.5 or 2.0?

Why people started to have 1.0.2 after 1.0?
What is the reason?
Then may be we should start also to have
        1.0.0.0.1 to have enough digits.

I hate this numbering and I see no value beside bad marketing like seaside
3.0.2.a