>> I'm trying to make people using pharo understanding that the consortium and
>> the association
>> are a huge opportunity to make the future better.
>
> I look forward to know why :)

Because without a legal structure how can you collect money? how can
indivirduals or small companies can get
an impact?
We do not have a large company (like firefox or google for python and js) or
research group like (VPR that put large amount of money into etoys): we have
small SMEs and research groups and the ideas is that if many SMEs and research
groups put money on the table we can move much faster and do not rely on smart
engineers ***free time***.

Remember it again - I do not know what is the vision/goals of the other
smalltalk distributions, but the one of Pharo is simple:
we want to give a chance to an open-source smalltalk to evolve and let people
make a living with their software.