Alexandre Bergel wrote:
+1

Alexandre

On Apr 3, 2013, at 8:57 PM, Tudor Girba <tu...@tudorgirba.com> wrote:

+1

Doru

On Apr 4, 2013, at 2:19 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguc...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 3 April 2013 22:45, Camillo Bruni <camillobr...@gmail.com> wrote:
theres a setting to:

- disable ENTER to accept the completion
- to increase the popup delay

so I think that is invalid bug report then...

i tend to disagree.
The defaults which we have now in 2.0 for autocompletion
is breaking my workflow badly too.

Yes, i can go to settings and disable/reconfigure stuff but that doesn't
nullifying the fact, that my workflow is broken with ambiguous and inconsistent
reaction(s) to my keystrokes by UI if i keep defaults.

For instance i am still clueless, why 'enter' is default for autocompletion,
and disabling it and enabling 'tab' simply doesn't works.
That leaves me with the only option: keep using 'enter' for
autocompletion, if i ever want to use it.
We have to fix that.

On 2013-04-03, at 22:23, "Sean P. DeNigris" <s...@clipperadams.com> wrote:

From
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/10219/Completion-enter-on-accept-awkwardness
:

The combination of enter on accept, with the current behavior to select
the first completion suggestion by default = trouble. For example:

1. Type "printOn: aStream"... pretty common method start
2. Hit enter to go to the next line

You will now have "printOn: MCDataStream" WTF!! I get burned by this
pretty regularly and it's annoying. I'm not sure what the fix should be...
probably no default selection in the suggestion menu, but possibly only
when enter on accept is enabled (t would require an extra key press to
complete and when do you ever type a tab in the middle of a line?)

I haven't used the 2.0 auto compeltion yet so I don't know if this is relevant, but just a passing thought... When Microsoft Word muck up using smart characters, one small saving grace is that it first enters my original typing before "smart-ifying" it, such that ctrl-z undoes back to my original typing.

cheers -ben