Regarding this, of the key points of Pharo is that most of the system is
able to be looked at from a lot of angles in source code form.

Removing that ability is not going to be nice.

But this doesn't mean we can't go the other way around of course, allowing
it to embrace new technical possibilities. But as extensions to a core that
stays under full control.

At the moment, I've been tinkering with the idea of integrating a 3D demo
engine (DirectX based) with Pharo.

The engine will get an API and being scripted from the Pharo side.

The engine can currently do things like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRnogMokS_8

Phil

Phil