On 18 April 2013 22:19, Sean P. DeNigris <s...@clipperadams.com> wrote:
> Igor Stasenko wrote
>> Indeed... To the hell these case statements. It should be one-liner:
>>
>> ^ argument class canonicalArgumentName
>
> +1 I was thinking the same thing... it started as a one-line hack for
> ByteString and... well, you know ;)

Just don't forget to categorise the methods correctly: they belong in
the same category as the Debugger.

I try avoid class-side stuff so I just put #canonicalArgumentName on
Class (for instance). So 1 canonicalArgumentName = 'Integer'.

You could add Boolean as well, to avoid creating a name like 'aTrue'.

I've nicked your idea for Squeak, Sean. And it flushed out a bug in my
recent Debugger hackings too! [1] So when I finally get around to
porting my "just in time development" hacks to Pharo, there'll
hopefully be one less bug in it.

Thanks!

frank

[1] http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7761