re: headless Kernel-Gofer-2.0

thanks folks !

> top -a

reports a huge Virt jump, but the actual resources consumed by KernelGofer
are  much less than the python 2.6.6 that I have running a minimal Flask
web server on this 32-bit CentOS 6.2 i686 VPS - so that is REALLY promising
!  CPU cycles look fine across several tests - same small hop at startup
and stays low avg pct

I will look for some parameters for Pharo and memory requested on startup
...but it could just be top because

 >  free -m

consistently shows about a 7Mb change as KernelGofer goes from on to off

and linux memory usage reporting seems a tad obscure ... compared to Win7
Process Explorer tool ( but then there is the progress bar from MS that
keeps saying that download has less than one minute to go .... ;-)

Now to dig into a Smalltalk parser generator up out here in windowed land

rs

On 11 June 2013 08:49, Mariano Martinez Peck [via Smalltalk] <
ml-node+s1294792n4692763...@n4.nabble.com> wrote:

> Regarding the VM, in most 64bits Linux, you have to install some
> additional 32 bits libs. If you get a message like this:
>
> [marianopeck@myserver pharoVM]$ ./pharo
> could not find display driver vm-display-X11; either:
>   - check that /opt/pharo/pharoVM//vm-display-X11.so exists, or
>   - use the '-plugins <path>' option to tell me where it is, or
>   - remove DISPLAY from your environment.
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> Then you can try to execute something like:
>
> sudo yum install mesa-libGL-devel-9.0-0.7.el6.i686 libX11-devel.i686
> libXmu.i686
>
> I do have VirtualBox running headless with Pharo running headless as well
> in a CentOS 6.4. To execute Pharo headless:
>
> ./pharo  -vm-sound-null -vm-display-null  myImage.image
>
> Cheers,
>

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden
> email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4692763&i=0>
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> look at Pharo Kernel 2.0 image with Gofer
>>
>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/view/Pharo-Kernel-2.0/job/PharoKernel2.0-Gofer/
>> There is a version with preloaded basic Seaside too
>>
>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/view/Pharo-Kernel-2.0/job/PharoKernel2.0-Seaside/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -- Pavel
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:14 PM, LogiqueWerks <[hidden
>> email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4692763&i=1>
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> re: headless Pharo 2.0
>>>
>>> I just finished building gst on a tiny VPS site, but I would rather use
>>> pharo ... I can get some tips from pharo --help in my SSH console but I
>>> have
>>> a big dev CentOS here in VirtualBox in which to experiment in headless
>>> builds if set on the right track ...
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a tip on starting with a Pharo 2.0  core ? I just need
>>> sockets, minimal HTTP and StdOut - I don't think I want Seaside on this
>>> tiny
>>> install ... but I would rather be using an HTTP server in Pharo than in