On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 07:03:46 +0100, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.duca...@inria.fr> wrote:

Thomas Worthington-2 wrote

I'm still trying to get to the point where I can produce a working application and be familiar with how things work in a proper, modern OO system. I'm employed during the day as a PHP-programmer and I can feel it rotting my brain.

I agree that the browser is (much) better than nothing, I'm mainly just trying to find out what to do when there isn't a #stable version.

Start using an image that we build on jenkins for example Seaside ((we should have a seaside jenkins job) if not we should do one. Please someone add a bug entry if there is no seaside build.)
And load some of the package you need to build your application.
- you can read the monticello/metacello chapter on the Pharo by example 2 book.

We are working on automatically a process and tool to validate all the packages and dsitribution.
This way we will all be sure that configruation are loading.
We are also working on a tool to express configuration.

So let us know what is missing for you to build your application.

I meant that I'm more generally getting the hang of what makes good Smalltalk code by looking at examples rather than that I'm missing something in particular. I'm working my way through "A Mentoring Course on Smalltalk" too, which is very illuminating (and reminds me a lot of my days as a Forth programmer).

Thomas