On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.duca...@inria.fr
> wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone have experience of distributing Pharo-based software as an
> MSI installer package to be installed by clients?
>
> what is an MSI?

Microsoft installer, a packaging for windows-based software that allows
installation of the software on a windows machine: creation of registry
keys, Start menu items, looking for previous installations of the software
and upgrading it, etc.

> > I would particularly like to know the tool that was used to create the
> MSI.
>
> Do you mean installing a Pharo App?
> What means installing?

So, it would mean that Pharo app is installed on a client machine: creating
directory hierarchy, placing image and vm files and any scripts that come
with the image, and creating windows shortcuts. For the time, its a
question from a client so I thought someone might have some relevant exp.