Hi Esteban,

yes, Mongo is not very communicative ;-)

I replaced OID>>nextOID  with my own RKAOIDGenerator

nextOID
^self value: (RKAOIDGenerator getNextOID)

instead of

nextOID
^self value: (UUIDGenerator default makeSeed)

RKAOIDGenerator uses Time>>primMillisecondClock at startup and adds +1 each
time I getNextOID as you suggested.

This works fine. It seems to be much much much faster than the existing
solution.

[4000 timesRepeat: [UUIDGenerator default makeSeed]] timeToRun    ==>> 5817
[4000 timesRepeat: [RKAOIDGenerator getNextOID]] timeToRun     ==> 1 (!!)

Perhaps a solution like this would be a better solution for all because it
is faster and guarantees unique IDs?

Sabine