On 04 Sep 2013, at 11:43, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2013, at 10:54 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
>

>> On 04 Sep 2013, at 10:47, Norbert Hartl <norb...@hartl.name> wrote:
>>
>>> In all my other projects using zinc and RFB I didn't see the problem. But
>>> then I don't save images in production.
>>
>> Images are very cool and very useful, but saving images in production is a
>> no go, it is asking for trouble, IMHO.
>
> yes, but preparing an image for production often includes opening RFB and
> save it in that state :)

I certainly understand, but using Metacello configurations, CI servers,
zero-conf command line tools, the command line handlers and startup scripts you
can build production images much more reliably and repeatably, instead of
fiddling around in an interactive image.

There are even some crude REPL tools available if you want to inspect running
production images.

That being said: in an ideal world, you should be able to run some tools in
Pharo in a local image, connect to a remote image, and work there. We will get
there, I am sure.