Sean wrote:
>Sabine Knöfel wrote
>> Which is the Class and the message in NB then?
>not sure which class and on holidays with no computer :) the Mac message is
>#run: which wraps system in libc, and the Windows version, which I haven't
>committed yet is #winExec:show which wraps WinExec. HTH

Hi Sabine, Sean,

PLEASE NO WinExec, this is long deprecated and only for 16bit compatibility
see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms687393(v=vs.85).aspx

As you see on MSDN CreateProcess() API should be used.

If you are on Pharo 3.0 look at my "OS-Windows" project loadable from the
config
browser.

You will find the class WinProcess with methods like #createProcess:
(nonblocking)
and #createAndWaitForProcess: (blocking) there. It already uses CreateProcess
API.

With the package you can for instance run the command processor:

   WinProcess createAndWaitForProcess: 'cmd.exe'

You also have access to the environment like

   WinEnvironment getEnvironmentVariable: 'PATH'.

See the documentation at http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~OS/OS-Windows for more
examples.

Bye
T.