2013/12/6 Sabine Knöfel <sabine.knoe...@gmail.com>

> Hi Torsten, Sean,
>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~OS/OS-Windows
> looks great.
>
> I have not found a solution yet to send a call to OS from pharo (I develop
> with mac since a few weeks now and deployment is currently windows) and I
> am
> thinking about moving to Pharo 3.0 for further development due to the OS
> call problem.
>
> Do you think, Pharo 3.0 is ready to use it for development or should I wait
> and look for another solution?
>
> Regards
> Sabine

Hi,

Pharo2 doesn't work for you?
I tried both Pharo2 and 3.

In
Pharo2.0
Latest update: #20593
with latest stable OSProcess loaded form ConfigurationManager
I can execute
OSProcess command:'notepad.exe'

without problems.

But only as long as the command can be found otherwise
ExternalWindowsOSProcess tries to write
that error message to ExternalWindowsOSProcess>>initialStdErr.
And this does not work. (And it doesn't work in Pharo3)
(bug StdErr not working on Windows
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?11615)