Esteban

Well, I am carrying on, but I do wonder why Pharo has to be such a rapidly
moving target. There are virtues in stability, and perhaps there should be a
filtering process before any change is made, to ensure that the benefits
outweigh any disruption. I must admit that, at times, Pharo looks like a
playground for a fairly small group of very clever people who are in love
with the process of development.

I got involved with Pharo again recently - having looked at it briefly
several years ago - because I had read papers, mainly by Lukas Renggli,
about Magritte and PetitParser, and I thought these were brilliant ideas
that I wanted to explore. But am sure that, if I could get the functions of
Magritte and PetitParser in a stable environment like Dolphin, I would drop
Pharo like a shot.

While I am in a moaning mood - I'm not always like this! - could anyone tell
me whether there is a glossary of names for Pharo extensions which will tell
beginners like me what they are for and whether they are worth learning
about. I have come across Cairo, Athens, Zinc, Fuel, Spec, Grease and Shout
- just as names, with no idea what they do and no obvious way of finding
out. Is there any place where I can look these things up? They all exist in
the Forum image that I downloaded today, but the system browser contains no
general explanation.

Peter Kenny

PS I've just seen Stephan's reply while composing this. Thanks - it all gets
a bit clearer. You might take my last paragraph above as my response to your
last paragraph!