Peter wrote
>Well, I am carrying on, but I do wonder why Pharo has to be such a rapidly
>moving target. There are virtues in stability, and perhaps there should be a
>filtering process before any change is made, to ensure that the benefits
>outweigh any disruption. I must admit that, at times, Pharo looks like a
>playground for a fairly small group of very clever people who are in love
>with the process of development.

There is virtue in stability as well as in innovation and in cleaning up.
Pharo errs on the side of innovation and radical cleaning up. While
doing that, we find out how to get better and faster at change. we do that
by breaking things and then fixing them, trying to create as fast a feedback
loop as possible.

Squeak errs on the side of stability, trying to make things unloadable
while keeping up compatibility.

To work well with Pharo, as soon as possible set up a ci project
in the inria infrastructure. That way you know when something gets broken
(and the pharo core developers can see when they break something).

A lot of the names are explained in Pharo by Example, Deep into Pharo
and pharo for the enterprise
https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/PharoForTheEnterprise-english

In the Forum image are also parts of Moose (Glamour, Roassal).
FOBrowser open
FOTutorial open

Stephan