Yes, yes, yes.
BTW: Readable code is the goal of DCI.

On 26.08.2014 14:26, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
Open source means nothing if you cannot read the code, do not understand
it, cannot change it - easily.
Yes!!! This is why just open sourcing a bad idea like an OS (see GNU/Linux)
doesn't cut it. Even though theoretically you have access to the whole
system, you can judge the practicality of doing so by looking at how few
people actually do so. Compare that with Smalltalk, where it seems a rarity
to find someone who /doesn't/ take advantage of modifying the core (granted
Smalltalkers are somewhat self-selected). The system must be distilled down
and unified until it is easily understandable and changeable by a single
person. We'll know we're there when we have the equivalent functionality of
"an OS + Standard Suite of Common Applications" in which it is commonplace
for users to dig down and modify any level.

-----
Cheers,
Sean