Hi Doru,

Le 22/10/2014 23:03, Tudor Girba a écrit :
Hi,

As for pragmas, they are a better mechanism for describing intent than a
method naming convention is. If nothing else, it lets us freedom in
naming the method.

And they add another programming language on top of another, and in most cases are redundant with the method name and protocol.

i.e.

        exampleThis has pragma <example>
        testThat has pragma <test>

Simply because for the method name to be suitable, it has to convey intent one way or another.

I can understand if you come and tell me that the pragma is to annotate for stuff that the compiler can't deduce, such as the #openmp pragmas. But I can't say that bringing in that kind of stuff would mean progress ;)

It's true that at this point, pragmas are hard to browse, but this will
not remain like this for long :)

Tools may help to overcome limitations of pragmas, yes ;) But this sounds like because pragmas may not be that good to start with :)

Thierry