On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Peter Uhnák <i.uh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone actually using FileBrowser? Because either no one does or I
> doing something wrong.
>
> My problem is that it is very uncomfortable to navigate filesystem. There
> is no way to quickly navigate to common folders (like roots of system
> drives and home directory). Also hidden files/folders are shown by default
> which means there is always hundred folders.
> I would love to have these things streamlined, ideally with the option to
> add custom shortcuts (see picture)... so much for opening files.
>
> As far as saving goes the only way I found to actually save file is to
> manually type the full path without the option to choose a folder through
> GUI. But since this is the way the "Save image as..." works it leads me to
> believe that no one is actually using it regularly, because outside of
> saving a file to same folder as image such behavior seems useless.
>
> So is this something that has been considered or no one really needs this?

I do use the FileBrowser but it is indeed in need of serious love. But on
Linux, I am on Midnight Commander, and there is nothing to the beat it.

Most of the time, I use the FileBrowser to deal with my project files which
are in the image directory or subfolders.
But there are quite a number of hooks (for files and directories) in the
tool so one can extend it in a couple hours.

It is worth a try.

Phil