I checked out the file browser GT Inspector (I hope that is what you were
referring to), unfortunately it's crashing a lot for me (it seems it can't
figure out file size for large files (~4GB) and some other stuff
(sockets?)).
However I don't know if Glamour is planning to turn it into full file
browser or just keep for quick inspection (especially considering that most
people apparently don't really need such thing).
At least to me it seems that right now enhancing the FileBrowser would be
simpler.

But thank you for the responses, I'll try to play with it a bit and perhaps
something good will come out of it.

Peter