> The mechanism is very simple... if you remove a tool and then use it, there
> will be a DNU.
> (it should open instead window and tell that no tool is installed)

In fact, it's worse: it DNUs even if you still have some tools installed,
just because you unregistered one of them.

i.e. With AltBrowser installed, you have four browsers in your image:
SystemBrowser, Nautilus, PackageTreeNautilus, and AltBrowser. If you
unregister AltBrowser, you have a DNU, even if you have the three others
still available.

There is apparently some magic in the world menu to trigger a user-driven
choice among existing tools, but I don't know how to trigger that.

Thierry