I cant answer your JSON question but I can answer the other two questions
a) iOS b) Pharo video tutorial

a) as far iOS is concerned, yes pharo runs fine on it. I am not so sure
about the new vm Cog but there are 2 commercial pharo apps by the same
developer on Apple Story one is called DrGeo , which is a very cool app for
teaching kids and grown apps about geometry and iStoa which is another
educational app. So yes pharo looks fine on iOS platform.

b) about video tutorial , I am actually making a series of tutorial that I
call "Pharo Video Tutorial" using Pharo 3 and now I am using Pharo 4 , I
like to teach people the cutting edge and you can find a playlist with
those tutorial here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol5ivaEATLQ&list=PLqbtQ7OkSta0ULYAd7Qdxof851ybh-_m_&index=1

you can ommit the first one is about a general intro to pharo and the
second which is how to install pharo , the rest are all 100% practical and
I try to keep the blah blah to a minimum.  Excluding the first hour you
have a total of 3 hours cut down to 10 minutes more or less video tutorials
that will give you a very solid introduction to Pharo. Is an ongoing effort
so subscribe to be notified about new tutorials.