Le 13/1/15 15:13, nacho a écrit :
Hello,
As I struggle, not without fun of course, to learn more about Pharo and its
frameworks and idea came to my mind.
We could put together some guidelines on how to become proficient in Pharo,
and eventually come to be a power user and / or a developer.
I read several of this recommendations on various list of other programming
languages.
This would be reallllllly great

Basically the idea is to have some sort of guide, with theoretical and
practical stuff.
For example:
*Beginners.*
Start by reading Pharo by Example for getting to know the system.
On Agile development read XXXX book or article.
On Object Oriented design and programming read this or that.
For practice do this exercises from this book or site.
For a background on Smalltalk read here or there
Some stuff on algorithms.

*Intermediate*
Object Serialization read from here.
The VM from here..
Building UIs
Basic Frameworks
Deep into Pharo
Pharo for the Enterprise
etc, etc, etc

*Advanced*
etc, etc, etc

Like a road map to becoming a serious Pharo users and / or developer. I know
this takes years but I think it would be very useful. Well at least for me.
I sometimes get lost when I read things like serializing, marshalling,
object memory, not to mention the internals of Pharo.

Here is a link of something someone prepared for Haskell:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1012573/getting-started-with-haskell
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1012573/getting-started-with-haskell>

Just an idea, it will be collaborative. I volunteer to keep and maintain the
list updated in a place where it will be available to anyone but of course
can't contribute much besides doing that.

Super!

Cheers
Nacho

-----