To me it goes like that:

- pharo-dev is used by people that discuss, develop, bug fix the pharo image
itself
- pharo-users is used by people that maybe just want to download pharo and work
with it not interested in the detailed internal things
- a pharo-dev person is very likely subscribed to pharo-users, too
- a lot pharo-users persons are not subscribed to pharo-dev

Now what information is interesting to people that want to use pharo? I'd say
that new tools and new features of their environment are interesting things for
them. So, I would put everything on pharo-users that a plain user of the
environment might want to know off.

Norbert