I would be curious to hear more about the various projects mentioned in this
thread.
SOUL was a prolog with an extra term that unified method AST.
    Check Roel Wuyts, Andy Kellens, Johan Brichau
At the VUB in the Soft (prog lab) previously the group was doing logic meta programming. Kris Gybels from the same group was working on Rete or may be this is Koen deRover.

NeoPus was (not working anymore) a rule-based system that could use object for fact and change.
I have the doc around if you want.

Herve Verjus
    http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~HerveVerjus/SmallAI
is a little project to support backward and forward chainer.

  I am working on a constraint logic system that has been used as a
backend for a variety of inference systems in other languages.
Can you explain a bit more?
Thanks,
Evan