Excerpts from Christophe Demarey's message of 2015-02-10 14:28:19 +0100:
> We would like to know if some of you use Nautilus groups functionality:
> dynamic groups: 'Last modified packages', 'Most viewed classes', 'Work'

do you mean 'last modified classes'?

i use them. i find them much easier to use than having to type some regular
expression to get the list i want.

i wish they would work better though. for example, when i install new packages,
i do not want them to show up in the 'last modified classes'

maybe they can be placed in a separate group: 'last installed classes'

also, when i create a new class, it does not show up until i add a method.
which sometimes means i go have to search for the class by typing its name.

i don't know what 'work' does, i never got anything when selecting that.

> user defined groups : from the menu, you can flatten the content of many
> packages and get all classes into the newly created group.

i have not discovered this yet.

> We have the feeling that it is not used (or not a lot) and we think to
> replace it with another mechanism (for example, let the user define his/her
> 'favorites' classes / packages).

how is that different from user defined groups?

what i find important and useful about 'last modified classes' is that, as i
work on many things, not only pharo, when i do get back to pharo, i can go: ok,
where was i? then i click on 'last modified classes' and remember.

without that i have to find some other way to remember before i can then type
what i need to find the right classes.

it may not be much, but having an easy way to see what i have been working on
just feels more comfortable.

greetings, martin.

--
eKita                   -   the online platform for your entire academic life