Hello

We are moving our project from smalltalkhub to github. Gitfiletree seems to
be working as expected on linux, but there are some of us (well, me) who
would like to contribute from Windows, but I am unable to make it working
(which is, of course, also "as expected" :) ).

What do I have:

Windows 7 64bit
Pharo 4 (#40496)
Pharo VM for win, tried both stable (371 from 2014-09-25) and latest (410
from 2015-02-17)
git version 1.9.5.msysgit.0

What did I try:

1) using Git for Windows from http://git-scm.com/downloads
2) cloning our project into ~/Pharo/repo  (this created folder structure
~/Pharo/repo/dynacase/repository where all package folders are, along with
.git folder in ~Pharo/repo/dynacase
3) downloading clean Pharo 4 platform
4) running from playground (tried both MetaRepoForPharo40 and 30):
Gofer new
  url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo40/main';
  configurationOf: 'GitFileTree';
  loadDevelopment.
5) this step I tried only once in few tries: updating all OSProcess and
CommandShell packages to latest commits
6) adding repository to Monticello, selected gitfiletree://, selected folder
~/Pharo/repo/dynacase/repository , OK

Result was being swamped by exceptions every time.
When I did step 5, I got different exceptions and, also, windows command
line has opened (but "empty", ie. like if I opened it myself in folder with
Pharo.exe and left like that)

Only thing that worked for me was adding this local repository as regular
filetree (not gitfiletree), commiting there, and than commiting same thing
once again with git via command line (or git bash).

I would like to ask for help with making it work somehow better.

Here are saved images from moments when I confirmed adding gitfiletree
repository with those mentioned exceptions and errors:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/879qs8srf5ice/PharoGitConfigs
(30 = using MetaRepoForPharo30, 40 = using MetaRepoForPharo40, latest =
using MetaRepoForPharo40 + loading latest packages)

Thank you
Jan Blizničenko