> Am 02.05.2015 um 17:23 schrieb Andy Burnett <andy.burn...@knowinnovation.com>:
>
> I would find it really useful to have some more classes included in the base
> image. The Neo system would be particularly useful, but I would also find an
> XML reader valuable.
>
> What is the process for deciding which classes get included by default?

It is a discussion that comes up frequently. But the purpose of using the image
is rather a subjective thing. I personally don't want to have things in the
image I don't use because I need to remove them before going into production.
We have metacello configurations which make it easy to load parts of the stack
people like to use. Looking at the installation procedure of a debian/ubuntu
image you are asked what is the purpose of this installation be it a mail
server, web server, etc. Maybe the best way to tackle this is to have a
definition of typical stacks and an easy to use selection of a proper metacello
configuration that loads everything someone does not know where to get it. That
could be integrated in the open window when starting a fresh image. Either by
GUI or by evaluating an expression that does the load. If you have ideas for
that just go ahead and provide a configuration of the tools you find important
and give it a name that is meaningful to others.

Norbert