I have the same itch for simple images; get.pharo.org and PharoLauncher
nearly scratch it, except that I work mostly from the terminal.

For instance I'd like to be able to quickly rebuild an image from a
configuration, with some workspaces, setting up some MC repositories, etc.
For seaside apps I guess you'd want some standard directories and files to
be created as well. Could you document your best practices?