On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 12:27 AM, Martin Bähr
<mba...@email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> Excerpts from S Krish's message of 2015-07-20 17:47:50 +0200:
>> Check out this amazing TEDTalk:
>> Bill Gross: The single biggest reason why startups succeed
>> http://on.ted.com/h15YB
>
> meh.
> read the transcript if you want to save the time,
> but to save even more time, here is the summary:
>   "The number one thing was timing. Timing accounted for 42 percent of the
>    difference between success and failure. Team and execution came in second,
>    and the idea, the differentiability of the idea, the uniqueness of the
> idea,
>    that actually came in third. ...
>    The last two, business model and funding"
>
> he talks about the need to assess timing, but unfortunately doesn't tell much
> about how to do it, which is really the crux of the matter.
>
> in hindsight it is of course easy to see how the timing factor applies.
> but before, it's like trying to predict the future.

Its like the Weak Anthropic principle explanation for the question of
why the cosmological constants of our universe seem so finely tuned to
allow our existence...

   If the universe was not able to produce us, we wouldn't be here to
ask such questions.

cheers -ben