Hi esteban

we need to be much much better one talking to external libraries.
Our esteban is working on it.

Stef

Le 23/7/15 18:52, Esteban A. Maringolo a écrit :
Peter,
At your joung age you might have very good reasons to have chosen Pharo over anything else as I did a lot of years ago. I discovered Smaltalk by chance when I was 21 years old and already had my years developing with Perl and was starting to learn Java. Fortunately I started making a living out of it since I was 22 until today.

But if you want to make the community bigger you have to look into why people don't chose it, otherwise we'll be "preaching to the choir" as we many times are.

These days FP is on the bull trend, having been there way before than Smalltalk (Lisp, Haskell, etc. and their reincarnations Clojure, Scala...). What makes them popular most of the times is not the techology per se, but who uses it.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

    On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Esteban A. Maringolo