On 24/08/15 19:47, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
If you have no window opened in a desktop you cant create a new desktop.

If you did, can you try:

DesktopsManager uniqueInstance nextDesktop

and

DesktopsManager uniqueInstance previousDesktop

That indeed switches desktops. So the shortcut is clearly not working then.

Strange, it works here using Pharo 4 under Archlinux.
Do you see the DesktopMorph on bottom right of the screen?

No..I only see a number "1". Also, I use a background picture for my Pharo
so maybe that is being in front of the morph. So I guess somehow you morph
should go in the front. The way I set a background picture is like this in
case you want to reproduce it:

PolymorphSystemSettings desktopImageFileName: '/Library/Desktop
Pictures/Yosemite 3.jpg'.

Just in case..I also use the dark theme...
This number is the DesktopMorph. It is transparent unless when you switch desktops,
there is a little animation that makes it opaque and progressively become
transparent again.

BTW..were you aware of the tiling window manager?
http://magaloma.blogspot.com.ar/2011/05/tiling-window-manager.html
I do not want all the features of the TWM, but a simple switch between
desktops, yeah, I would like that!
No I don't know this project, does it have multiple desktop built-in?

Julien