On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Julien Delplanque <jul...@tamere.eu> wrote:

> On 24/08/15 19:47, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
>> If you have no window opened in a desktop you cant create a new desktop.
>>>
>>> If you did, can you try:
>>>
>>> DesktopsManager uniqueInstance nextDesktop
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> DesktopsManager uniqueInstance previousDesktop
>>>

>>> That indeed switches desktops. So the shortcut is clearly not working
>> then.
>>
>> Strange, it works here using Pharo 4 under Archlinux.

Are you using KeyBinding for this?

> Do you see the DesktopMorph on bottom right of the screen?
>>>

>>> No..I only see a number "1". Also, I use a background picture for my
>> Pharo
>> so maybe that is being in front of the morph. So I guess somehow you morph
>> should go in the front. The way I set a background picture is like this in
>> case you want to reproduce it:
>>
>> PolymorphSystemSettings desktopImageFileName: '/Library/Desktop
>> Pictures/Yosemite 3.jpg'.
>>
>> Just in case..I also use the dark theme...
>>
> This number is the DesktopMorph. It is transparent unless when you switch
> desktops,
> there is a little animation that makes it opaque and progressively become
> transparent again.

Here there is no animation and it is always white colored. And it always
remain as "1", never become "2" in the second workspace.

> BTW..were you aware of the tiling window manager?
>> http://magaloma.blogspot.com.ar/2011/05/tiling-window-manager.html
>> I do not want all the features of the TWM, but a simple switch between
>> desktops, yeah, I would like that!
>>
> No I don't know this project, does it have multiple desktop built-in?

Yes. But I just tried in Pharo 4.0 and it is buggy (you loose all workspace
contents for example when switching).

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com