Hi Ichiro,

there are a bunch of posts in Mariano Martinez Peck's blog named "journey
through the VM", done some years ago. He writes about anything related to
the VM, how to build it, class format, bytecodes, detailed description of
the CompiledMethod class, etc.

You can find the first post here:
https://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/03/31/journey-through-the-vm/

Definitely worth reading!